Come Join Us for a
Bowling Green Running Club (BGRR) Event
Spring Beer Mile & Potluck Picnic
May 11 530pm (race begins at 6pm)
731 Martinsville Ford Rd, BG
We invite all Club members and potential Club members (plan to create or renew your membership online or upon arrival) to come to our house for a potluck picnic while we host the Spring Beer Mile. Plan to come for the fun and competition whether you plan to participate in the race or just be a spectator. This will be the inauguration of our new chip-timing system and kick-off of the new Club name – Bowling Green Running Club- to include all types of running (Trail, Road, races, fitness or training).
Plan to arrive by 530 – race begins at 6 and driveway will be blocked after 6 to protect those running drinkers!For the meal:We will provide tacos (meat, vegetarian beans & all the taco toppings) & plates.For the potluck bring your own drinks and a dish based on your SOBER running time as follows:7-8 mile pace -SALADS / VEGGIES8-9 mile pace – CHIPS / SNACKS10 + mile pace – DESSERTSPlease RSVP -call or text- 270-202-2908 so we can have enough tacos.For those participating in the Beer Mile, see official RULES, byob, AND DON’T FORGET: anyone drinking must have a Designated Driver or plan to spend the night camping on the deck!
Beer Mile Description:
A drinking race that combines running and speed beer drinking. This race takes place on our 1/8-mile-long driveway and consists of chugging a beer, running a lap (1/4 mile); repeat 3 more times for a one mile total.
Beer Mile Rules:
1. You can use 12 oz cans or bottles. Must be at least 12 oz serving.
2. You can use your beer of choice but must be at least 5% alcohol per volume.
3. You cannot substitute wine, wine coolers, hard cider or anything else that is not beer.
4. You have to turn your can or bottle upside down over your head after you chug it to make sure you have drained its contents.
5. No puncturing the can or shotgunning the beer allowed.
6. If a participant vomits during the race, one extra penalty lap (1/4 mile) is enforced. No drinking penalty, just extra running.7. Anyone consuming alcohol must have a designated driver or plan to camp on the deck!